An owner of a New Venture that applies for Planning Permission on or after 1 October 2018 will have to comply with the above requirements if the business activity-
- is carried out at a single site and is attributable to one of the following industry sectors:
- manufacturing and manufacturing‑related services;
- supply of electricity, gas, steam, compressed air and chilled water for air‑conditioning; and
- water supply and sewage and waste management.
- will have an estimated Annual Energy Consumption (AEC) ≥ 54 TJ, that is calculated on the basis that the business activity is carried out at full capacity for 24 hours every day throughout the calendar year.
Click here for more details on the estimated AEC.