About the Programme
The Incubation Stall Programme (ISP) provides eligible aspiring hawkers with opportunities to take up incubation stalls to start their hawker businesses.
Successful applicants will be offered stalls at 50% of the market rent for nine months, followed by 75% of the market rent for another six months. The stalls will be fitted out with basic fittings and equipment to lower the upfront capital investment needed for the setting up of a stall. Over the 15-month programme tenure, aspiring hawkers will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of being a hawker and establish their businesses.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of not less than 18 years of age;
- Completed ITE's 'Introduction to Managing a Hawker Business' short course, as a graduate of business management course(s) that cover similar modules;
- Submit a concise business plan;
- Pass the food tasting session; and
- Preferably have no prior experience in managing or operating a food-stall or foodshop.
Interested applicants would need to fill up the ISP Application Form.
In the form, please select a stall from the List of Available Incubation Stalls (As of Feb 2024).
Completed application form with copy of the relevant business course certificates are to be submitted to ISP@nea.gov.sg.
If you have any queries on the Incubation Stall Programme, please refer to the ISP FAQs or you may contact NEA at 1800-2255-632 (1800-CALL-NEA).