Vision, mission, and core values
A clean environment, towards a liveable and sustainable Singapore.
To ensure a clean and sustainable environment for Singapore, together with our partners and the community.
- Maintain high standards of public health
- Improve and sustain a clean environment
- Promote sustainability and resource efficiency
- Provide timely and reliable meteorlogical services
- Encourage a vibrant hawker culture
Our core values
The NEA logo and tagline reflects its new organisational outlook, of becoming forward-looking and future-ready.
The arrow-shaped motifs represent the environment around us. They signify our responsiveness and effectiveness in addressing Singapore's environmental opportunities and challenges. The arrows also signify our continuous commitment to building a society with strong ownership of the environment.
The typeface is bold, signifying NEA's role in safeguarding the environment through high regulatory standards. Though bold, the font is reader-friendly, to demonstrate NEA’s increased emphasis towards community action, partnerships, and inclusiveness.
The shades of green represent Singapore’s clean environment with high public health standards, while the shades of blue represent NEA's foresight and commitment towards safeguarding the environment. Orange signifies the future generations’ optimism and enthusiasm towards environmental goals.
The tagline, "Safeguard, Nurture, and Cherish" is a call to action to:
- Safeguard Singapore’s environment and maintain high standards of cleanliness and public health
- Nurture an eco-friendly culture in every generation
- Cherish our beautiful, clean, and green environment for present and future generations
WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
The National Environment Agency (NEA) places great importance on safety and health of our staff and partners. We firmly believe that our staff and partners must be protected at work and are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
In line with the organisation's core values of Empathy, Agility, Resilience, Teamwork and Heart for the Environment, the NEA Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Policy states our commitment to:
- Care for the safety and well-being of our people and stakeholders by ensuring a safe and healthy workplace;
- Comply with procedures for the operation, inspection and maintenance of facilities and equipment;
- Ensure thoroughness and transparency in incident investigations, and share learning points to prevent recurrence;
- Encourage the development of creative solutions to improve safety and health; and
- Take ownership of and act professionally to uphold the highest standards of safety and health at all times.