|About the Digital Support Guide|
The SG Together Alliance for Action (AfA) – Online Ordering for Hawkers was formed on 17 June 2021 to galvanise efforts to support hawkers expanding their options to reach customers digitally. SG Digital Office (SDO) and National Environment Agency (NEA), together with 20-member AfA, representing hawkers, online ordering platforms and community groups have worked together to develop initiatives to address various challenges faced by hawkers.
One of the recommendations by the AfA members is to compile a set of best practices, adopted by some of our hawkers to help increase online discoverability and generate demand for hawker food through Group Buys and bulk meal orders, into a step-by-step Digital Support Guide (DSG). The DSG advocates the identification of a Digital Hawker Champion (DHC) and the formation of a Digital Support for Hawkers (DSH) group, comprising of passionate and digitally savvy individuals serving in the grassroots or hawkers, to provide peer support to help less digitally savvy hawkers embrace digital opportunities.
The contents of the DSG are as listed:
- Step-by-step guide to set up a Facebook page
- Considerations when organising Group Buys
- Available training opportunities
- Onboarding e-payment solution, e-ordering/delivery platform
- Leveraging third-party logistic provider
Click on the following to view the Digital Support Guide in the different languages:
· Digital Support Guide (English)[PDF, 2.03 MB]
· Digital Support Guide (Chinese)[PDF, 2.18 MB]
· Digital Support Guide (Malay)[PDF, 2.06 MB]
· Digital Support Guide (Tamil)[PDF, 6.52 MB]
For further enquiries, stallholders may enquire through our online feedback form or email IMDA at firstname.lastname@example.org