NEA and PUB have been operating as separate Technical Agencies (TAs) for the processing of plan submissions since 1 January 2017. Separate clearance certificates from NEA and PUB have been issued from 1 January 2017 onwards. Qualified Persons (QPs) are reminded to obtain the relevant clearances from PUB (Building Plan Unit) if you have not already done so. Any building plan for developments involving / related to:
- Environmental Health (EH) and Pollution Control (PC) matters shall be submitted to NEA’s Development Control Department (DCD); and
- Surface water drainage or sewerage and sanitation works shall be submitted to PUB’s Building Plan Unit (BPU).
1. Consultation on proposed location and type of industrial development (For industrial developments only)
Industrial Siting Consultation
2. Application for environmental information (EI) related to the proposed development site
Environmental Information (EI)
3. Application for development control (DC) clearance of the proposed development
Development control (DC)
4. Application for building plan (BP) clearance of the proposed development
Building Plan (BP)
5. Application for noise clearance prior to TOP/CSC application
The QPs shall ensure that the noise emitted from the proposed development does not cause nuisance to the surrounding premises, particularly residential and noise-sensitive premises. For industrial buildings, the boundary noise levels shall comply with the noise limits stipulated in the Environmental Protection and Management (Boundary Noise Limits for Factory Premises) Regulations. For non-industrial buildings, noise emissions from air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation equipment should comply with the noise limits stipulated in the Technical Guidelines on Boundary Noise Limits for Air-Conditioning and Ventilation Systems in Non-Industrial Buildings.
6. Application for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) of the proposed development once building works related to pollution control are completed in accordance with the approved plans
Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP)
7. Application for Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) of the proposed development once building works related to pollution control and environmental health are completed in accordance with the approved plan.
Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)
8. QPs may consult DCD on the preparation of building plans or seek clarification on the requirements via an online consultation appointment system
Please refer to the page on consultation
for more details.