1) Single-phase non-ducted room air-conditioner (not being second-hand goods) having a cooling capacity of:
- 8.8 kW or lower, in the case of casement or window type air-conditioner;
- 17.6 kW or lower, in the case of split type (inverter) air-conditioner; or
- 17.6 kW or lower, in the case of split type (non-inverter) air-conditioner.
Single-phase non-ducted room air-conditioner means an encased assembly or assemblies of one or more evaporators, compressors and condensers, designed to be used as a permanently-installed piece of equipment to provide conditioned air to any enclosed space. It includes a prime source of refrigeration for cooling and dehumidification and may include other means for dehumidifying, circulating and cleaning the air.
Casement or window type air-conditioner means an assembly of components of a refrigeration system fixed on a common mounting to form a single unit.
Split type (non-inverter) air-conditioner means an assembly of components of a refrigeration system fixed on 2 or more mountings to form a matched functional unit that employs technologies that vary the output of the compressor by start-stop operation.
Split type (inverter) air-conditioner means an assembly of components of a refrigeration system fixed on 2 or more mountings to form a matched functional unit that employs technologies that vary the output of the compressor, by means other than start-stop operation.
2) Single-phase refrigerator (not being second-hand goods) with an adjusted volume of up to 900 litres
Single-phase refrigerator means an assembly consisting of a thermally insulated cabinet for the storage and preservation of foodstuffs above 0°C (32°F) and a refrigerating unit operating on the vapour compression principle and arranged to extract heat from within the cabinet, whether or not with one or more freezer compartments.
The adjusted volume of the refrigerator or Vadj tot is defined as the sum of the adjusted volumes of the refrigerator compartments. The adjusted volume of a compartment is the product of the rated volume of that compartment with the corresponding volume correction factor (K) found in the following table:
|Compartment Type ||K |
|Fresh food |
|Four-star freezer |
|Three-star freezer |
|Two-star freezer |
|One-star freezer |
The compartment types are defined in accordance with Section 3.3 of ISO 15502:2005.
3) Single-phase clothes dryer (not being second-hand goods) having a rated capacity of up to 10 kilograms
Single-phase clothes dryer means an assembly consisting of:
- a rotating drum in which textile material is dried by tumbling; and
- a heating device, which electrically heats the air used for drying the textile material in the rotating drum.
4) Single-phase television (not being second-hand goods)
Single-phase television means an appliance with an inbuilt television tuner, which is designed to be used primarily for the display and possible reception of television broadcast and similar services for terrestrial, cable, satellite and broadband network transmission of analogue or digital signals, and includes a television which has additional functions which are not required for its basic operation as a television, but excludes a television which displays broadcasts by means of front or rear projection.
5) Single-phase lamp (not being second-hand goods)
Single-phase lamp that is designed to be connected directly to 230V mains voltage by means of a socket or lamp connector, and is:
a) an incandescent lamp with an Edison-screw or bayonet cap, having a power rating of 25W or above but not exceeding 200W;
b) a compact fluorescent lamp with integrated ballast (CFLi), and an Edison-screw or bayonet cap, having a power rating of up to 60W;
c) a LED lamp with an Edison-screw or bayonet cap, having a power rating of up to 60W;
d) a compact fluorescent lamp without integrated ballast (CFLni), with a lamp cap designed to be fitted into lamp holder of G24d-1, G24d-2, or G24d-3 lamp cap;
e) a linear, double-capped, fluorescent lamp (LFL) with diameter 26mm (T8) and with lengths of 0.5 m and above but not exceeding 1.5m; or
f) a LED lamp designed as a direct replacement for a lamp described in item (d) or (e) without requiring any internal modification of the luminaires.
The lamp described above does not include the following:
- a lamp having at least 80% light output within a solid angle of p steradian (corresponding to a 120º angle cone);
- a lamp having a luminous flux of below 130 lumens;
- a lamp that is designed to be used only- - to emit light as an agent in a chemical or biological process;
- for image capture and image projection;
- to provide heating; or
- in signalling devices;
- a coloured lamp with chormaticity coordinates within the range of x < 0.270 or x > 0.530 and y < -2.3172x2 + 2.3653x - 0.2199 or y > -2.3172x2 + 2.3653x - 0.1595;
- a lamp that has a spectral distribution that is adjusted to the specific needs of technical equipment;
- a lamp that is designed to protect a subject lit by the lamp from the negative effects of the light emitted by the lamp;
- a lamp that is designed to withstand rough use, extreme vibration, or temperature below -20ºC or above 50ºC; or
- a lamp that is incorporated in a product the primary purpose of which is not to emit light.
"Lamp" means a device that is designed to emit light produced by the transformation of energy, and includes any additional components necessary for starting, power supply or stable operation of the lamp or for the distribution, filtering or transformation of light, where such components cannot be removed without permanently damaging the device.
"Incandescent lamp" means a lamp in which light is produced by heating a filament to incandescence by the passage of an electric current, and in which the filament operates in an evacuated bulb or is surrounded by inert gas.
"Compact fluorescent lamp with integrated ballast (CFLi)" means a fluorescent lamp with a lamp cap, a ballast and other components necessary to start and stably operate the lamp, that is manufactured as a unit that cannot be dismantled without permanently damaging the lamp.
"LED lamp" means a lamp incorporating one or more light emitting diodes.
"luminaire" means an apparatus that distributes, filters or transforms the light transmitted from one or more light sources and that includes all the parts necessary for supporting, fixing and protecting the light sources (including the circuit auxiliaries together with the means for connecting them to the supply) but not the light sources themselves.
6) Ballast for fluorescent lamp (not being second-hand goods)
Ballast for fluorescent lamp that is designed to operate with a fluorescent lamp that can be interchangeably operated with a high frequency (electronic) ballast or non-high frequency (electromagnetic) ballast, other than a ballast for fluorescent lamp that is --
- integrated as an irreplaceable part of a luminaire;
- for use a reference ballast in laboratories for lighting measurement techniques; or
- intended for use in emergency lighting luminaires, and designed to operate the lamps in emergency conditions.
7) Single speed three-phase 50 Hz induction motor (not being second-hand goods)
Single speed three-phase 50 Hz induction motor means an electric single speed, three-phase 50 Hz or 50/60 Hz, squirrel cage induction motor (including a three-phase induction motor that runs at different speeds by means of a variable voltage or variable frequency controller) that is not an excluded three-phase induction motor and that -
- has 2 to 6 poles;
- has a rated voltage of up to 1,000 volts;
- has a rated output power between 0.75kW and 375kW; and
- is rated duty type of S1, S3 (with cyclical duration factor of 80% or more), S6 or S9, in accordance to IEC 60034-1 (2017)
"Motor" means a machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy;"Excluded motor" means a motor that is -
- designed to operate wholly immersed in a liquid;
- integral to its driven unit, where -
- the motor shares common components (apart from connectors such as bolts) with the driven unit; and
- the separation of the motor from the driven unit will render the motor inoperative;
- designed to operate exclusively -
- where ambient temperature air temperatures exceed 60°C;
- with a maximum operating temperature above 400°C;
- where ambient air temperature are less than -30°C in the case of any motor, or less than 0°C in the case of a motor with water cooling;
- where the water coolant temperature at the inlet to a product is less than 0°C or exceeding 32°C; or
- in an atmosphere that could become explosive due to local and operational conditions;
- equipped with an electro-mechanical brake unit operating directly on the motor shaft without couplings;
- a high slip motor designed primarily to provide torque, often at or near 100% slip; or
- supplied exclusively for export to another country, or supplied exclusively for the incorporation of the motor into equipment that will be exported to another country;
"Pole" means the total number of magnetic north and south poles produced by the rotating magnetic field of the motor;
Regulated three-phase induction motors supplied in Singapore must have the following product information marked durably in a visible manner on the rating plate of the regulated three-phase induction motor:
- Year of manufacture
- International Energy Efficiency or IE class, and
- Nominal efficiency at rated output power and, 75% and 50% of rated output power
If the size of the rating plate is insufficient to mark all the information, only the Nominal Efficiency at rated output power shall be marked. Please refer to this link [PDF, 134KB] for the Minimum Nominal Efficiency
8) Three-phase Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Air-Conditioner base module/unit (not being second-hand goods)
Three-phase variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-conditioner means an encased assembly or assemblies of one or more evaporators, compressors and condensers, designed to be used together as a permanently installed piece of equipment to provide conditioned air to any enclosed space, that
(a) is of the variable refrigerant flow type;
(b) has one or more outdoor units that service a network of indoor units; and
(c) uses a three-phase power supply.
MEPS and MELS for VRF air-conditioners apply to the base module of three-phase VRF air-conditioner (unit efficiency) of all cooling capacities. VRF combinations, where two or more modules of VRF air-conditioners are coupled to form a larger cooling capacity system (system efficiency) are not covered.