Workers' Dormitory in Industrial Premises
Industries which store and handle hazardous chemicals in bulk quantities have the potential of accidents leading to fire, explosion and/or release of toxic gases. To protect workers from these hazards, NEA does not allow workers' dormitory in areas that could be impacted by accidental release of hazardous chemicals.
All new/proposed workers' dormitory in industrial estates shall obtain a no objection letter from the Development Control Department (DCD) of NEA by submitting a pre-consultation here.
A location plan of the proposed workers' dormitory shall be attached and submitted together with the application form. The main roads should be clearly depicted and the boundary of the workers' dormitory premises shall be clearly demarcated on the plan.
Workers' Dormitory Application FAQ
1. What is the processing time for my workers' dormitory application?
The minimum processing time for workers' dormitory application is 7 working days. For complex cases, a longer processing time would be required.
2. How can I check on the application status for my workers' dormitory application?
If you have not received a reply after 7 working days, you may contact Mr Ashraf Pinto at 67086194 or send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Who can I contact should I require assistance in completing the workers' dormitory application form?
You may contact the following NEA officers should you require any assistance in completing the application form.
Mr Ashraf Pinto
Ms Teh Swee Kheng
4. What do I need to submit together with the workers' dormitory application form?
A copy of the location plan of the proposed workers' dormitory and authorization letter (property agent / authorized person) by the owner shall be attached and submitted together with the application form. Please refer to the application form for more details.
5. What is the next step I should do after getting the NEA no-objection letter for workers' dormitory?
You are to submit the no-objection letter to URA to obtain written permission for the proposed workers' dormitory.
6. What is the validity period of NEA's no-objection letter for workers' dormitory?
If you have earlier obtained our no-objection letter, you do not need to apply for another letter from us. Please note that NEA will not be issuing fresh no-objection letter for the continual use of existing dormitories.
Other useful information
You may wish to contact the following agencies for any clarifications / assistance pertaining to workers' dormitory application.
SCDF (Fire Safety & Shelter Department)