Resource Efficient Design grant support companies to conduct design workshops to improve resource efficiency (e.g. energy, water) for new industrial facilities or industrial facilities with major expansion.
Resource Efficient Design grant co-funds up to 50% of the qualifying costs capped at $600,000. Qualifying costs includes:
- Consultancy fees
- Transport and accommodation for consultants
- Venue and logistical costs for workshop
Singapore GST is excluded
Grant Eligibility Criteria
Companies applying for the Resource Efficient Design grant scheme are eligible if they meet these conditions:
- Applicant is a Singapore-registered owner or operator of an industrial facility sited in Singapore with SSIC code 10XXX to 32XXX or 35XXX to 38XXX
- Facility to be studied must be a new facility / existing facility undergoing major expansion
- Detailed design of facility must not have commenced at the time of application
- Energy consultants must show good track record in carrying out design workshops of a comparable scale and scope
The design workshop is an intensive 2 to 3-day session that foster cross-disciplinary interaction by bringing together multidisciplinary internal and external experts at the design stage to identify technical opportunities to improve resource efficiency (e.g. energy, water).
The outcome of the design workshop includes conceptual design for high-efficiency system and preliminary estimates of net cost and payback period.
Disbursement is on a reimbursement basis. Companies can claim the disbursement requests as follows:
- Disbursement of the first 40% of the grant upon receipt of company’s contract with energy consultant to carry out design workshop
- Disbursement of the next 40% of the grant upon acceptance of the design workshop report by NEA
- Disbursement of the final 20% of the grant upon acceptance of the assessment report by NEA
Disbursement requests for grant amount exceeding $100,000 must be audited by an external Certified Public Accountant (CPA) appointed by the company. All costs incurred for engaging the CPA shall be borne by the company.
Application and Enquiries
For application and enquiries, please email NEA_E2F@nea.gov.sg.
Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to the availability of funds.