3R Awards for Hotels
The biennial 3R Awards for Hotels was launched in 2014 to recognise the participants of the 3R Programme for Hotels who have performed well in solid waste management.
The 3R Awards for Hotels aim to:
- Recognise efforts by hotels to reduce, reuse and recycle waste, and
- Facilitate/Promote sharing of best practices to improve collective 3R efforts within the hotel industry
3R Awards for Shopping Malls
The 3R Awards for Shopping Malls serves to recognise shopping malls and mall retail tenants in Singapore that have made notable contributions to waste minimisation through the implementation of 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle) practices at their premises.
The Awards consists of two categories – 1) Shopping Malls and 2) Mall Retail Tenants.
Categories and eligibility
- 3R Awards for Shopping Malls
- 3R Awards for Shopping Malls (Retail Tenants)
The Awards is open to shopping malls with nett lettable area of more than 4,600 sqm.
Mall retail tenants also play an important part in a mall’s waste minimisation and recycling efforts. Thus, they will be recognised with the 3R Awards for Shopping Malls (Tenants) for their 3R efforts within shopping malls. This category will be open to all retail tenants in shopping malls with nett lettable area of more than 4,600 sqm.
Areas of assessment
Participating malls will be assessed based on the following:
- Mall's solid waste management policy;
- 3R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) practices;
- Waste disposal and recycling tonnage report;
- 3R engagement with shoppers, tenants, staff and suppliers
Participating retail tenants will be assessed based on the following:
- Corporate policy on solid waste minimisation and management
- 3R practices;
- 3R engagement with shoppers, staff, and suppliers.
For enquiries on the 3R Awards for Shopping Malls, please contact:
Ms Eng Xue Er