The following persons listed below are required to register under the Environmental Protection and Management Act (EPMA).
- Suppliers that intend to supply any of the regulated goods under the EPMA in Singapore, must apply to be a registered supplier and register the regulated goods with NEA before supplying the regulated goods in Singapore.
- Importers that intend to directly import a regulated water-cooled chiller under the EPMA into Singapore for their own use must also apply to NEA to register the chiller before importing into Singapore.
- Water-cooled chiller servicing companies that intend to carry out regulated GHG works on water-cooled chillers in Singapore must apply to be a registered GHG Entity with NEA.
How to Register
Application for registration shall be made online through the portals listed below:
- Registration portal for air-conditioner and refrigerator suppliers
- Registration portal for water-cooled chiller suppliers and importers
- Registration portal for GHG Entities
Administrator representatives of suppliers, importers and GHG entities are required to use their SingPass (linked with Corppass account) to register their company and regulated goods.
Change in company particulars not involving change in Business Registration Number
Administrator representatives of suppliers, importers and GHG entities are required to login and update their company’s particulars in the respective registration portals if there are any changes to their company’s business registration details.
Change in Business Registration Number
If there is a change in business registration number, suppliers, importers and GHG entities are required to re-register with NEA under the new business registration number, and withdraw the registrations made under the inactive business registration number.
User guides on online registration can be found at:
- User guide for water-cooled chiller suppliers/importers registration
- User guide for regulated water-cooled chiller product registration
- User guide for GHG entities registration
If you have any queries or require any assistance on registration, please contact:
- For air-conditioners and refrigerator suppliers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For water-cooled chiller suppliers, importers and GHG entities: email@example.com
 Companies supplying regulated air-conditioners and refrigerators and are already registered under the ECA for Mandatory Energy Labelling Scheme (MELS) / Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) will automatically be considered as registered under the EPMA and will not be required to register again. Models of regulated air-conditioners and refrigerators already registered under the MELS/MEPS and meet the GWP limits will also automatically be considered as registered under EPMA. Please refer to www.nea.gov.sg/els for more information on MELS/MEPS.