When to Register Death
The law requires all deaths (regardless of citizenship) occurring in Singapore to be registered within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Certificate of Cause of Death issued by Doctors or Authorised Officers (i.e. Forensic Death Investigators) from the Ministry of Health
- Deceased's identification documents (e.g. NRIC or passport) for cancellation
- Informant's identification documents (e.g. NRIC or passport)
To register a death:
- The informant must produce the Certificate of Cause of Death and other supporting documents (e.g. the deceased's NRIC, passport, or citizenship certificate)
- After documents produced are verified, the registration officer will print the Death Certificate.
- The informant must verify the particulars on the Death Certificate, and sign on it.
- The Death Certificate is issued.
Location to Register:
You can register the death at any neighbourhood police centre, manned neighbourhood police post (NPP), police division headquarters or ICA Building (Citizens Services Centre) during its operational hours. More information on the list of NPPs.
Pls note that the registration of death or still-birth is not available at redesigned unmanned NPPs which are tagged with (self-help kiosk).
Free of charge.
More information on death registration is available here.