a) Programmme Details
Figure 1: Programme Structure
NEA-Industry Scholarship for ITE and Diploma application is open.
Young talented individuals with a combination of personal drive and a heart for service to care for the environment. If you are looking to take on a meaningful role of sustaining a quality living environment for present and future generations, register your interest now!
- Be a Singaporean citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Be a Nitec or Higher Nitec graduate or GCE 'O' Level graduate (for Diploma scholarships)
- Be an 'O' or 'N' Level Graduate (for ITE scholarship)
- An existing or current Polytechnic / ITE student at relevant Diploma / ITE courses (for Mid-term scholarships)
- Have good academic results and Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
- Be enrolling or be enrolled into relevant fields of study. Click here for the list of ES relevant courses.
- Commitment from Participating Industry Firms
a) Value of Award
NEA and the industry firm will co-fund each scholarship award on an 80-20 co-funding model. The annual quantum for NEA-Industry Scholarship and its co-funding breakdown are as shown in the table below.
NEA will provide support to industry firms in charting out suitable talent management programmes contextualised to the firm’s manpower needs. For example, the industry firm will have to assign a suitable employee to play the role of mentor to the scholar.
c) Conditions of Award
Successful applicants will receive the award for the duration of their course of study and in return, fulfil a 2 to 3 years bond with an industry firm within the ES sector upon graduation or completion of National Service.
Industry firms keen to participate may contact NEA at NEA_Industry_Scholarship@nea.gov.sg.